Imy Rich offers a variety of fitness classes at locations within Gilpin County, Clear Creek County, and Lakewood. Classes are arranged by age group to serve children from age 3 up through adults of any age.
Winter Break December 24th through January 4th: No classes during winter break.
Demonstration for the Gilpin Seniors Talent Show
Fall Tournament –
The Gilpin and Clear Creek teams dominated the Mountain Academy of Martial Arts Fall Tournament on October 27th, with local students placing in nearly every category. The dedication of our instructors and students was apparent to everyone at the tourney. Nice work!
New Black Belt –
On Tuesday August 14th, 2018, the Moo Duk Kwan Association conveyed the rank of 1st Dan Black Belt to local TKD student Elle Scott! Congratulations!
Demonstration at Gilpin County Fair, August 18-19, 2018 –
Mountain Academy of Martial Arts Spring Tournament 2018 –
The tournament was held at the Gilpin Rec Center on April 14th, 2018. The tournament was a huge success with 16 competitors ranging from white to black belt. Check out some photos from this year’s spring tournament below, and get started on your classes now to prepare for our fall tourny in October!
Tournament article and list of medal winners from the Gilpin Weekly Register-Call: Gilpin Martial Arts Tournament
About Your Instructor
Mrs. Rich has been a student and teacher of various martial arts and fitness disciplines since early 1996. She currrently holds a 4th Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo, Tung Su Do. After teaching mat Pilates off and on for years she finally became certified in early 2017. She has also been known to teach senior fitness classes very similar to Sit and Be Fit.
Mrs. Rich has been involved with the Mountain Academy of Martial Arts, Gilpin County, since 1996. She is very involved (maybe instrumental is more accurate) with the Gilpin County and Clear Creek schools and is the go to person for demos and other events. Always quick with a smile or an idea, Mrs. Rich is a very valuable part of the Mountain Academy.
- September 2017 to current: Started Mat Pilates classes at Evolution Martial Arts studio.
- August 2017 to current: Took over teaching Kinder kicks classes at Evolution Martial Arts Studio.
- Spring 2017: Taught women’s self defense class at Clear Creek Metropolitan Recreation Center.
- March 2017: Started martial arts and mat Pilates classes at 7 Healing Stars.
- November 2015 to current: organized and participated in the Senior Living facility fundraiser talent show. Consisting of martial art forms, step sparring, breaking and demonstrations of power.
- May 2014: Approved by Moo Duk Kwan Association for rank of 4th degree in Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do.
- June 2010: Tested for 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do.
- March 2010: Attended Women’s self defense class taught by Grand Master John W. Rankin, 8th degree black belt Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do.
- Fall 2009 to current: Attended several advanced and weapons classes through the Lakewood Link Center and Green Mountain Recreation center.
- August 2007 to current: organize and coordinate the annual Tae Kwon Do demonstration for the Gilpin County Fair.
- August 1999 to 2006: Participated in the annual Tae Kwon Do demonstration for the Gilpin County Fair, under Thomas Feagans, 4th degree black belt Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do.
- 2005 to current: Teach kinder kicks, kids and adults classes at Clear Creek Metropolitan Recreation Center.
- September 2004 to current: Teach kinder kicks class for children 4 to 6 years old at the Gilpin County Community Center. Classes concentrate on balance, coordination, exercise, and discipline.
- July 2004 to current: organized and ran the Tri Mountain Tournament at GCCC and CCMRD.
- June 2004: tested for 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do.
- Summer 2003: Participated in the Tri-Mountain tournament in Evergreen.
- 2003 to current: One of several black belts to refine quarterly testing in order to shorten and simplify testing under Grand Master John W. Rankin, 8th degree black belt Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do.
- 2002: Attended a 2 day course in Russian Martial Arts.
- 2002: Attended a 2 day course for women’s self defense offered by the Gilpin County Recreation Center.
- December 2000 to current: Active instructor for Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do at the Gilpin County Community Center.
- December 2000: Tested for 1st degree black belt Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do. Black belt testing consists of 2 days of physical testing, and a written paper on martial arts.
- February 1999: Participated in the Tri-Mountain tournament in Lakewood at the Lakewood Link Recreation Center.
- June 1998: Participated in the Tri-Mountain tournament in Central City at the Gilpin County Recreation Center.
- August 1996: Began Tae Kwon Do at the Gilpin County Recreation center under Thomas Feagans, first degree black belt, Tae Kwon Do/Tung So Do.
I.M.Y. Fitness Instructors & Black Belts: Black Belt Roster